CALL FOR ARTISTS!
Interactive Art Exhibition presented by Alexandria Museum of Art
Friday, May 10, 2013, 4–9pm & Saturday, May 11, 2013, 9am–7pm
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: April 11, 2013
Alexandria Museum of Art seeks artists to participate in the first annual Interactive Art Exhibition taking place on public sidewalks, green spaces, and streets along the riverfront area of downtown Alexandria during the 2013 Annual Louisiana Dragon Boat Races.
Drawing over 10,000 attendees and 1,000 race participants, Louisiana Dragon Boat Races on the scenic Red River viewed from the amphitheater in downtown Alexandria, Louisiana is a spirited day of racing. The event features more teams, food, elaborate costumes, and entertainment on and off the water than ever before.
The Interactive Art Exhibition presented by Alexandria Museum of Art will highlight art that is extremely interactive and invites participation, inspired by local community themes and the spirit of the Louisiana Dragon Boat Races. Artists will have an opportunity to create new work, showcase their creativity to a large audience, and interact with the public alongside food vendors, live music, and race spectators.
Interactive art may:
- require human interaction to complete the piece;
- involve the community and the audience in its creation;
- prompt the viewer to act;
- incorporate multi-sensory elements;
- prompt people to interact with one another;
- respond to participants and its environment;
- cause people to reflect on the larger community; and/or
- respond to the community’s culture, needs, and environment in an innovative and unique way.
Honorariums in varying amounts will be awarded to each selected artist or collective.
For more information on how to submit a proposal: https://www.facebook.com/events/478623825526828/