Register Today for April 22nd ($40 fee)
Register Today for April 23rd (no fee)
TUESDAY, APRIL 22
Capitol Park Museum
10 a.m. – 11 a.m. Registration
11 a.m. – 1 p.m. Creative communities celebration luncheon with Lt. Governor Jay Dardenne
1 p.m. – 5 p.m. Meetings, trainings and legislative visits:
State Library Conference Center, First Floor
- 1:30 p.m. – 2:25 p.m. Elevation Design Guidelines
- 2:30 p.m. – 3:45 p.m. Preparing for Preservation Incentives Through Survey & Planning
- 4 p.m. – 4:45 p.m. Marketing Historic Bridges for Adaptive Reuse
State Library Capitol View Room, Fifth Floor
- 1:30 p.m. – 2:50 p.m. Antiquities Commission meeting
- 3 p.m. – 4 p.m. Louisiana Archaeological Society meeting
Capitol Park Welcome Center
- 2 p.m. – 5 p.m. Louisiana Citizens for the Arts convening and legislative visits
- 2 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. Louisiana State Arts Council meeting
5 p.m. – 6 p.m. Networking cocktail hour, music and silent auction
6 p.m. – 8 p.m. Dinner and the 2014 Louisiana Culture Awards program
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 23
7:30 a.m. – 9 a.m. Main Street mayors breakfast with Lt. Governor Jay Dardenne
Capitol Park Welcome Center
8 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. Louisiana Citizens for the Arts breakfast with Lt. Governor Jay Dardenne (BY INVITATION ONLY)
9:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. Arts Connection keynote by David Horn, executive producer of PBS’s Great Performances
10:30 a.m. – noon
- Gulf Coast Presenters Forum
- Engaging Arts Audiences in the 21st Century
Noon – 1 p.m. Arts Connection lunch, showcase and FLASHMOB by Of Moving Colors
1 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Innovative Fundraising
- Rooting Tradition in Community: A Roadmap to Cultural Sustainability
2:30 p.m. – 4 p.m.
- Arts Education: Transforming Education Through the Arts
- Placemaking: Using Art to Develop Economies & Communities
4 p.m. Arts Connection closing remarks and adjournment
- Click here to view a map of Capitol Park, including the event locations and parking information.
- Click here to download the nomination form for the 2014 Louisiana Culture Awards and submit by March 26.
- In addition to milestone anniversaries for Decentralized Arts Funding, Archaeology Week/Month and Louisiana Main Street, the creative communities celebration luncheon on the first day of Culture Connection will honor the 10 com-munities that successfully completed the Louisiana Creative Communities Initiative and Louisiana¡¦s Cultural Districts, in celebration of five years of successfully revitalizing communities statewide.
- Throughout the first day of Culture Connection, the Multi-Purpose Room of the Capitol Park Museum will serve as a hospitality suite and feature a resource center for cultural organizations and artists to network and share materials, as well as a silent auction benefitting Louisiana’s cultural programs. Click on the Culture Connection registration page above to sign up as an exhibitor if you would like a table to share resources and materials.
- Hotel Indigo in downtown Baton Rouge has reserved a block of rooms for Culture Connection on April 22 at a rate of $97. Rooms will be filled on a first come, first served basis. Click here or call 225.343.1515 to make reservations, and be sure to mention the group code: LPA. Click here to view a list of hotel accommodations in downtown Baton Rouge, courtesy of the Baton Rouge Downtown Development District.
- Follow the Office of Cultural Development on Facebook for up-to-date information on Culture Connection.