The LPA has very exciting opportunities in the works that we are currently organizing and preparing to launch. Check back for future updates and meeting schedules.
Posted by leigh350 on May 1, 2014
Register Today for April 22nd ($40 fee)
Register Today for April 23rd (no fee)
TUESDAY, APRIL 22
Capitol Park Museum
10 a.m. – 11 a.m. Registration
11 a.m. – 1 p.m. Creative communities celebration luncheon with Lt. Governor Jay Dardenne
1 p.m. – 5 p.m. Meetings, trainings and legislative visits:
State Library Conference Center, First Floor
- 1:30 p.m. – 2:25 p.m. Elevation Design Guidelines
- 2:30 p.m. – 3:45 p.m. Preparing for Preservation Incentives Through Survey & Planning
- 4 p.m. – 4:45 p.m. Marketing Historic Bridges for Adaptive Reuse
State Library Capitol View Room, Fifth Floor
- 1:30 p.m. – 2:50 p.m. Antiquities Commission meeting
- 3 p.m. – 4 p.m. Louisiana Archaeological Society meeting
Capitol Park Welcome Center
- 2 p.m. – 5 p.m. Louisiana Citizens for the Arts convening and legislative visits
- 2 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. Louisiana State Arts Council meeting
5 p.m. – 6 p.m. Networking cocktail hour, music and silent auction
6 p.m. – 8 p.m. Dinner and the 2014 Louisiana Culture Awards program
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 23
7:30 a.m. – 9 a.m. Main Street mayors breakfast with Lt. Governor Jay Dardenne
Capitol Park Welcome Center
8 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. Louisiana Citizens for the Arts breakfast with Lt. Governor Jay Dardenne (BY INVITATION ONLY)
9:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. Arts Connection keynote by David Horn, executive producer of PBS’s Great Performances
10:30 a.m. – noon
- Gulf Coast Presenters Forum
- Engaging Arts Audiences in the 21st Century
- Noon – 1 p.m. Arts Connection lunch, showcase and FLASHMOB by Of Moving Colors
1 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Innovative Fundraising
- Rooting Tradition in Community: A Roadmap to Cultural Sustainability
2:30 p.m. – 4 p.m.
- Arts Education: Transforming Education Through the Arts
- Placemaking: Using Art to Develop Economies & Communities
4 p.m. Arts Connection closing remarks and adjournment
- Click here to view a map of Capitol Park, including the event locations and parking information.
- Click here to download the nomination form for the 2014 Louisiana Culture Awards and submit by March 26.
- In addition to milestone anniversaries for Decentralized Arts Funding, Archaeology Week/Month and Louisiana Main Street, the creative communities celebration luncheon on the first day of Culture Connection will honor the 10 com-munities that successfully completed the Louisiana Creative Communities Initiative and Louisiana¡¦s Cultural Districts, in celebration of five years of successfully revitalizing communities statewide.
- Throughout the first day of Culture Connection, the Multi-Purpose Room of the Capitol Park Museum will serve as a hospitality suite and feature a resource center for cultural organizations and artists to network and share materials, as well as a silent auction benefitting Louisiana’s cultural programs. Click on the Culture Connection registration page above to sign up as an exhibitor if you would like a table to share resources and materials.
- Hotel Indigo in downtown Baton Rouge has reserved a block of rooms for Culture Connection on April 22 at a rate of $97. Rooms will be filled on a first come, first served basis. Click here or call 225.343.1515 to make reservations, and be sure to mention the group code: LPA. Click here to view a list of hotel accommodations in downtown Baton Rouge, courtesy of the Baton Rouge Downtown Development District.
- Follow the Office of Cultural Development on Facebook for up-to-date information on Culture Connection.
Posted by leigh350 on March 20, 2014